Wednesday, September 12, 2012

To Drink Or Not To Drink

"Vy Vyan, wanna go for a drink?" Well I don't drink. I do when I am around my parents when I have to but without them, I don't.

I know I might be really uncool now and might drop way down the pyramid of social life but I am fine because i hold on to what i believe.

I know friends who hang out and drink til they are drunk and the next morning, they will have a hangover so bad, they can barely move. I would ask why do you do that? The answer I always get is it is fun! You should try. Well, what i remember fun is all about laughing ad being happy without being stuck in bed the next day because your head hurts.

I don't call these people stupid. I pity them. The only reason why I think they revolve around drinking is because they are deteriorating deep inside or simply insecure. Its because they are so sad they need a glass of Terquila (is this how you spell it) to make them happy. Its because they clearly do not know what is the definition of fun.

People always ask me, why don't you drink? Why should I? I went to a club, sat there and just observe. What is actually so fun about it? Well, the music is too loud for me. The drinks are bitter. And the people are making a fool out of themselves. Girls with microscopic skirts. Going crazy. Close to being an animal. Is this what is called cool these days? Cause i will stick to this uncool side.

Well, I secretly do not know will i be drinking in the future. But for now i know my life is simply perfect to be downing those juice that burns your throat all the way down and makes things 'fun'. Because frankly what I think is fun is hanging out with my friends, all snuggled up in one bed playing Charades and Mafia. Partying with marshmallow instead of liquor, shoving as many marshmallow into your mouth to see who wins. For now I like that.

What they think about birthday party in clubs? I am cool with that. If I am invited i might go depending on how close am I to this person but I will definitely not touch any drink unless it is alcohol free. I would prefer my birthday party to be full of marshmallow and all the people I love. I secretly do wish my grandparents would be here but they can come to my party in heaven I guess.

What i call fun is spending time with your family by keeping all Saturdays and Sunday nights unoccupied so i have the maximum time to spend with them. Spend more time with Angel and Bryan from the orphanage after college. Stay crazy with my friends and love without afraid of hurting. Giving without hoping that it will be returned. And just smile.

Cause sometimes helping others is the new fun and cool. SO do come for the run. The HELPing Hand Run.

These are the details.

Pictures from TRINITY and all these amazing SASArians involved!

Kai Xiang and David
David is an amazing boy who always help me out when i try parking my car. Its not like i need his help cause i am an excellent driver (Ps. If its not for him, my car will be scratched all over)

Jasmine and her favorite student John

The Monday crew!

Jamie and his love, Justin (You will be amazed by their connection. Justin and his little brother,Bryan will always insist on what happen to Jamie if he is not there)

For further information please check our Facebook page

Please help. Just look at them aren't they addorable?!

No comments:

Post a Comment